2013년 3월 27일 수요일

Menard Speech

Menard Speech Test.


Hello, everyone. My name is jinwoo kim. Thank for gods who give me an opportunity to give my address, or personal narrative for the first time in this class. I ask you to understand me if I make some mistakes during talking regarding that I am so nervous because I’m the initial one to start this speech test.
 Before starting my speech, I want to ask you very, very small things which is very fundamental or basic to survive in KMLA. Who has TOEFL score? If you have TOEFL score, please raise your hands up! One, two, three….. I guess all people in this classroom have TOEFL score. How about you, Mr. Menard? Yes, you have! Absolutely!
 The reason I ask you this question is the topic that I will tell you from now on is related to ‘ETS TOEFL Test’. The Test of English as a Foreign Language always annoys me and makes me feel terrible and stressful. And, there is no doubt that you guys are also suffered by the score of TOEFL……
 Let’s get into the point. Frankly, I don’t have TOEFL score. Even I’ve never taken the TOEFL test before. You know why? You may laugh at me, if I tell you the reason. I actually registered the TOEFL test twice a year ago. However, I could not take the test because of my terrible mistakes.
 For the first time when I go to the test center, I was rejected to go into the test center. Oh! How terrible it is. The expiration period of my passport had been over before 3 days. I remember the first Toefl test day is July 8th, 2012 and the expiration day of my passport is July 5th,. Because of 3 days, or 72 hours, or 2160 minutes, or 129,600 seconds, I just could not take the TOEFL test and blow my 170 dollars off. I am so shocked of the fact I cannot take the test. In addition the fear that I can be spanked by mother overwhelmed me. So I cannot go back to my home immediately and stand in the center of the park of the university for 2 minutes watching webtoons and observing people.
 And the second time I just made sure that my passport is not over the day of expiration. Without any concerns, I went to the test center which is totally different place from the last place where I tried to take the test. That is the start of the problem. Believe or not, I just took the different bus which ran to the opposite direction. Again, I just blew my 170 dollars off. Wow!!!!   Actually this time my mother spanked me…… without hesitation.
 Eventually I have no TOEFL score yet. It is may be because my English ability is not enough to get the score, or because I just blew my 340 dollars off.
 This two mistakes which made my mother very angry and made my 340 dollars go off in to the air and make me feel inferior to the friends in KMLA, taught me that there will no success without preparation. In other words, without preparation, there will be no success.
 I planned to take the TOEFL test next month, and I hope that I can get the score which can fulfill my mind. In this time I will never make mistakes that can blow up my precious money. 
  Thank you for listening my speech or stupid stories!!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기